Chocolate Boot Camp
4747 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago,
Hands On Boot Camp Baking/Pastry
Chocolate is one of the most complex and popular ingredients in the world. We will uncover its secrets and teach you the ins and outs of how to expertly work with this exotic ingredient in today’s hands-on class.
- Tempered Chocolate
- Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Caramel Mousse Tart with Chocolate Tart Shell and Chocolate Glacage (Mirror Glaze)
- White Chocolate-Brioche Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Cocoa Nib Brownie Base
Skills covered in class:
- Understanding different varieties of chocolate
- Melting chocolate
- Making and baking custard
- Mixing cake batter
- Determining cake doneness
- Preparing mousse
- Making ganache
- Preparing tart dough
In this hands-on class, students will be paired in groups of three to five and work together as a team to prepare the recipes.
This event is no longer available for bookings. Please contact the merchant if you think this is in error.