Hands-On Regional Street Tacos on the Patio
4747 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago,
Hands On Grilling Mexican
Tacos, the unofficial national food of Mexico, are found on every street corner all over Mexico. In this hands-on
grilling class, we’ll explore the regional flavors and ingredients that makes each taco unique to its birthplace, and prepare three very distinct and mouth-watering tacos from northern, central and coastal Mexico.
- Tacos de Carne Asada (Grilled Flank Steak) with Grilled Onions, Cilantro and Queso Fresco
- Al Pastor (Pork)-Inspired Tacos with Charred Jalapeño and Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- Achiote Fish Tacos with Lime Crema, Red Cabbage and Grilled Avocados
- Elotes (Mexican Street Corn with Mayo, Lime, Chili and Cheese)
Skills covered in class:
- How to set up your grill
- Selecting and grilling beef, pork and fish
- Determining meat doneness
- Working with fresh herbs and spices
- Making marinades
- Grilling vegetables
In this hands-on class, students will be paired in groups of three to five and work together as a team to prepare the recipes.
Grilling classes take place outdoors on our patio and are therefore subject to weather cancellation. In the event of a cancellation, all participants will be contacted by phone and email no later than 8pm the day before the class (for morning classes) and 2pm (for evening classes) on the day of the class.
Want to see more classes? Visit thechoppingblock.com.