Hands-On Valentine's Day: Latin Lovers
4747 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago,
Hands On Mexican
Join us for a hands-on class this Valentine’s Day weekend while our chef teaches you how to prepare an elegant meal fit for a special occasion.
- Tequila and Citrus-Marinated Scallop and Shrimp Ceviche with Avocados and Mangos
- Roasted Halibut with Spiced Pumpkin Seed Crust and Chipotle Compound Butter
- Cumin Spiced Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Risotto with Roasted Poblanos and Queso Añejo
- Chocolate Kahlua Mousse
Skills covered in class:
- Getting familiar with Latin ingredients
- Selecting shellfish and fish
- Balancing flavors
- Selecting avocados
- Determining fish doneness
- Preparing nut crusts
- Making compound butter
- Sautéing green vegetables
- Working with arborio rice
- Whipping egg whites and cream
- Selecting chocolate
In this hands-on class, students will be paired in groups of three to five and work together as a team to prepare the recipes.
Want to see more classes? Visit thechoppingblock.com.
This event is no longer available for bookings. Please contact the merchant if you think this is in error.