Hands-On New Orleans Brunch on the Grill
4747 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago,
Hands On Grilling Cajun
Ease into the holiday weekend, Big-Easy style in this outdoor hands-on class.
Grilling classes take place outdoors on our patio. In case of inclement weather, class will be moved indoors and taught as a hands-on cooking class with an emphasis on using indoor grill pans.
- Cajun Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Remoulade
- BBQ Baked Frittata with Andouille Sausage and Green Peppers
- Spinach and Grapefruit Salad with Honey-Mint Dressing
- Grilled Seasonal Fruit a la Mode with Bourbon-Butter Sauce and Toasted Pecans
Skills covered in class:
- How to set up your grill
- Getting familiar with Cajun ingredients
- Segmenting citrus
- Making vinaigrette
- Balancing flavors
- Selecting and grilling shrimp and sausages
- Determining shellfish doneness
- Grilling fruit
- Making butter sauces
In this hands-on class, students will be paired in groups of three to five and work together as a team to prepare the recipes.
Want to see more classes? Visit thechoppingblock.com.