Hands-On Summer in the City on the Patio
4747 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago,
Hands On Grilling
Spend an evening enjoying the weather while grilling up a seasonal feast that's sure to tantalize your tastebuds in this hands-on class.
- Grilled Pesto Pizza with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella
- Grilled Scallops with Sweet Corn-Prosciutto Relish
- Smoky Pork Tenderloin with Brown Sugar-Dijon Mustard Glaze and Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Wood-Fired Cherry-Almond Bread Pudding
Skills covered in class:
- How to set up your grill
- Rolling out and grilling pizza dough
- Preparing fresh herb sauces and glazes
- Selecting and grilling pork and shellfish
- Grilling vegetables
- Balancing flavors
- Determining shellfish and pork doneness
- Baking on the grill
In this hands-on class, students will be paired in groups of three to five and work together as a team to prepare the recipes.
Grilling classes take place outdoors on our patio and are therefore subject to weather cancellation. In the event of a cancellation, all participants will be contacted by phone and email no later than 8pm the day before the class (for morning classes) and 2pm (for evening classes) on the day of the class.
Want to see more classes? Visit thechoppingblock.com.