Hands-On Date Night on the Patio
4747 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago,
Hands On Grilling Couples Cooking/Date Night
Grab a date, and spend a starlit evening on our outdoor patio while you prepare an Italian-inspired feast in this hands-on class. Mangia!
- Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad with Grilled Croutons and Shaved Parmesan
- Garlic and Rosemary Marinated and Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Warm Farro Salad with Grilled Corn, Oven-Dried Tomatoes and Basil Vinaigrette
- Charred Strawberries with Whipped Mascarpone and Lady Fingers
Skills covered in class:
- How to set up your grill
- Selecting and grilling shrimp and pork
- Determining shellfish and pork doneness
- Grilling vegetables and greens
- Making vinaigrette
- Balancing flavors
- Working with farro
- Working with fresh herbs
In this hands-on class, students will be paired in groups of three to five and work together as a team to prepare the recipes.
Grilling classes take place outdoors on our patio and are therefore subject to weather cancellation. In the event of a cancellation, all participants will be contacted by phone and email no later than 8pm the day before the class (for morning classes) and 2pm (for evening classes) on the day of the class.
Want to see more classes? Visit thechoppingblock.com.