Hands-On Cupcake Boot Camp
4747 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago,
Hands On Baking/Pastry
Have your cake and eat it, too! Make several varieties of delicious cupcakes in this hands-on class, and bring them home to impress your friends and family. We will teach you fun, easy ways to decorate them, too! We will provide cake boxes to transport your cupcakes.
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Icing and Candied Cranberries
- Ginger-Pear Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Brown Butter Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream
Skills covered in class:
- Understanding baking ingredients
- Mixing batters
- Determining cake doneness
- Making candied fruit
- Preparing buttercream
- Selecting fruit
- Working with spices
- Selecting and working with chocolate
- Working with frostings
Due to the length of cupcake boot camp, we encourage you eat a hearty breakfast prior to coming to class as no food will be served with the exception of the cupcakes made during class.
In this hands-on class, students will be paired in groups of four and work together as a team to prepare the recipes. Groups will eat together at their cooking stations while being spaced out from others in their group as much as possible. Should you wish to have your own group or table, you will need to reserve 4 seats.